Sunday, January 24, 2010

charleston, SC




Scooter moved today; up & down 'nd all around!. Talk about rock & roll! Fact is we're rolling again tonight. 0200 (2 am) had me up retying lines & putting the rest of my fenders in place. Apparently the wind from anywhere but south creates an amazing amount of wave action here in the marina basin. Price you pay for being right in the heart of town, I guess. Rained this morning, then cleared. We walked in town; market place, waterfront park, etc, then came back to the boat & did laundry, changed the filters & oil in the engines, chatted with other boat people, finished working on the floor installation in the salon; boat stuff. Ginny was chatting with a 50ish lady, an ex-corporate lawyer, who is travelling south in her sailboat with her Golden retriever, Teddy. Sorta inspiring, I think.
I've attached some funky images of the city. They weren't meant to be funky, but given our electronic joys on this trip, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It was a bit grey this morning anyway. Tomorrow I'll try the other camera. Rather than a sepia-like image, maybe we'll be able to get full color. Tomorrow we wash the light colors, glue down the flooring, get groceries at good ol' Harris tweeter. Yup; that's the store's name. Hey, we might even hit the Vegetable Bin next door. Its those little things that add so much to the pleasure of life. Later!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw some bad weather postings for your area. Hope you survived all the 'rock & roll'. Cally